UNIQLO, Designer, Email Coder, After Effects Video Animator
• As UNIQLO USA’s first dedicated email developer, I first streamlined PSD to error-free HTML production down to five minutes per variation.
• Once I set up the new workflow using Sublime Text snippets, we were capable of rapidly templating out HTML. We reinvested all newly available bandwidth to increasing email segmentation: going from 5-7 variants per week, to shipping a peak of 17-20 email variants a week.
• Next, to increase open rates we simplified our email preview text and targeted language based on gender, location, and past purchase data.
• To increase engagement inside emails, I implemented live-polls, add to calendar events, countdown timers, and time-of-open specific creative. Interactions (CTR) with dynamic content increased as we trained user behavior to expect (for example) downloadable calendar reminders for collection launches.
• I supported our Social Media and Product Marketing teams with my remaining bandwidth by illustrating and animating video content for UNIQLO’s Instagram Feed, Instagram Stories, Facebook and Twitter banners, GIF banner ads, and sponsored Snapchat geofilters.
• I used the Product Education videos to educate our audiences on new services (such as free pant alterations), as well as to learn interesting facts about our latest brand collaborations.